The NOVA National School of Public Health assumes as one of its main responsibilities the development, promotion and guarantee of teaching quality, research and the services it provides.
As an organic unit from the NOVA University, it actively contributes for the development of the NOVA SIMAQ – NOVA’s Internal Quality Monitoring and Evaluation System.
NOVA SIMAQ follows the PDCA (Plan, Do, Check and Act) management cycle approach during which evidence of the system’s effectiveness is produced, within this policy.
To fulfill its mission, NOVA NSPH guides its performance by the following principles and commitments:
- o Ensure the functioning and systematically promote the continuous improvement of the NOVA-SIMAQ Quality Management System at the National School of Public Health, based on the compliance of the requirements of national and international certifying entities;
- o Provide an excellent service in the areas of teaching, research and provision of services to the community, continually adapting its efforts to meet the needs of interested parties in these matters;
- o Promote an internal culture of quality;
- o Apply the necessary assessment, monitoring and correction tools to ensure a process of continuous improvement at NOVA NSPH;
- o Promote the proper management of financial, human and infrastructure resources, ensuring the competence and valorization of its employees and the adequacy of the work environment for the operationalization of its processes;
- o Promote the training of employees, in order to develop their skills and qualification, considering the strategic objectives of NOVA NSPH;
- o Periodically analyze and review the adequacy, applicability and continued effectiveness of the Quality Policy and Objectives, given the performance results of the Internal Quality Management System;
- o Make the Quality Policy available to interested parties;
The implementation of this Policy is individual and collective responsibility of all employees of the NOVA NSPH.
Quality MONITORING COMMISSION (CAQ)
Prof. Rui Santana, Deputy Director for Quality, who presides over;
Prof. Florentino Serranheira, Responsible for Teaching-Learning domain;
Prof. Sonia Dias, Responsible for Research domain;
Prof. Alexandre Abrantes, Responsible for the domains of Value Creation and Internationalization;
Dr. Nuno Simões, Student representative of the 3rd Cycle of Studies;
Dr. Christiane Ollo de Castro, Student representative of the 2nd Cycle of Studies;
Dr. Olivia Fernandes, Quality Office Technician.