The NOVA National School of Public Health assumes as one of its main responsibilities the development, promotion and guarantee of teaching quality, research and the services it provides.
As an organic unit from the NOVA University, it actively contributes for the development of the NOVA SIMAQ – NOVA’s Internal Quality Monitoring and Evaluation System.
NOVA SIMAQ follows the PDCA (Plan, Do, Check and Act) management cycle approach during which evidence of the system’s effectiveness is produced, within this policy.
To fulfill its mission, NOVA NSPH guides its performance by the following principles and commitments:
- Provide a service of excellence in the areas of teaching, research and the provision of services to the community, continually adapting efforts to meet the stakeholder’s needs in these matters;
- Ensure the quality of the courses and training provided, guided by the A3Es guidelines and the NOVA principles;
- Evaluate the satisfaction of the entire ENSP-NOVA community in order to trigger improvement actions aimed at the quality of the services provided;
- Promote the appropriate management of financial, human and infrastructure resources, ensuring the competence and valorization of its employees and the adequacy of the work environment for the operationalization of processes;
- Promote the training of employees, in order to develop their skills and training, considering the strategic objectives of ENSP-NOVA;
- Ensure the systematical implementation and continuous improvement of the NOVA-SIMAQ Quality Management System at ENSP-NOVA, based on compliance with the requirements of A3ES and NP EN ISO 9001;
- Periodically analyze and review the adequacy, applicability and continued effectiveness of the Quality Policy and Objectives, in view of the performance results of the Internal Quality Management System;
- Make this Quality Policy available to interested parties, whenever requested.
The implementation of this Policy is individual and collective responsibility of all employees of the NOVA NSPH.
Quality MONITORING COMMISSION (CAQ)
Prof. Rui Santana, Deputy Director for Quality, who presides over;
Prof. Florentino Serranheira, Responsible for Teaching-Learning domain;
Prof. Julian Perelman, Responsible for Research domain;
Prof. Paulo Sousa, Responsible for the domain of Internationalization;
Prof. Teresa Magalhães, Responsible for the domain of Creation of Value;
Dr. Daniel Brás, Student representative of the 3rd Cycle of Studies;
Dr. Ewa Veiga, Student representative of the 2nd Cycle of Studies;
Dr. Olivia Fernandes, Quality Planning and Management Office.