The Quality Management Office is responsible for:
- Serving as a support structure for the functions to be performed by the Quality Officer in the operational implementation of quality policies and goals;
- To ensure the implementation of specific operational tasks for quality management related to the requirements of general documentation control and records, internal audits, non-compliances, corrective and improvement actions, complaints and praise;
- To ensure that the supporting documentation to quality assurance is identified and kept up to date in each service, reporting that information periodically to the Quality Officer;
- Participate in the quality audits performed, cooperating with the Quality Officer in the implementation of possible improvement actions derived from their implementation;
- Be responsible for following-up on certification procedures (ACEF, PERA and NCE) in cooperation with the Rectory GGQAE.
PRAISE, SUGGESTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
At the NOVA National School of Public Health your opinion is important.
In order to submit a praise, suggestion or complaint, please fill-in the following form:
NOVA NSPH annually applies a survey to its academic community (students, faculty, researchers and non-faculty) to assess overall satisfaction with various aspects of the Institution.
All Teaching Quality Assesment Reports are available in the school intranet and are in portuguese.
The NOVA National Public of Public Health started in 2018 the implementation process for its quality management system. This is integrated, in general terms, in the development of the NOVA SIMAQ – Internal Quality Monitoring and Assessment System from NOVA, in order to assure organizational quality practices in education, research and services to the NOVA-NSPH community.
From October 2019 to February 2020 will take place the diagnosis, redefinition and implementation work for the main processes and internal procedures of NOVA-NSPH in all its activities. This will be done by the Quality Management Office and performed in partnership with the Welding and Quality Institute (ISQ), involving all of the NOVA-NSPH community. Besides producing the internal procedures manual, training actions will be provided to employees, thus contributing for the current and future practice of a philosophy of continuous improvement in all work performed.