Invited Assistant Professor in the area of Epidemiology and Statistics and member of the Public Health Research Centre.
Medical Resident in Public Health in the Public Health Unity of Amadora Primary Healthcare Cluster. She works within the screening team to implement and manage population-based screening programmes.
Andreia Leite has an MSc in Biostatistics from the Faculty of Sciences, Lisbon University and obtained her PhD from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine with a project seeking to implement a vaccine safety surveillance system using electronic health records. Her main research interest are: development of surveillance systems, population-based epidemiological studies and evaluation of public health interventions.
Epidemiology (Post-Graduation Course in Occupational Medicine)
Epidemiology I and II (Specialization Course in Public Health)
Epidemiology Seminar (PhD Programme in Public Health)
Statistics (Master Course in Health Promotion)
Supervision (ongoing): 1 PhD and 1 Master theses.
Miguel Costa | Antimicrobial resistance and zoonoses: one health challenge | PhD in Global Health | ENSP/NOVA
Works in several projects including the study of adherence to cervical cancer screening, delays in the diagnosis of tuberculosis and transmission of antimicrobial resistance.
- Leite A, Machado A, Pinto S, Nunes B, Matias Dias, C. Daily tobacco consumption and associated socioeconomic factors in the Portuguese population: National Health Interview Survey data 1987 2014 . Rev Port Cardiol 2019;38(8): 583-593.
- Gon G, Leite A, Calvert C, Woodd S, Graham W, Filippi V. The frequency of maternal morbidity: A systematic review of systematic reviews. Int J Gynaecol Obstet . 2018; 20-38.
- Macau RA, Silva JR, Leite A, Magriço Bravo P, Teixeira e Costa F, Ramos A . Urine volume and residual renal function decline among patients on peritoneal dialysis searching for associations. Port J Nephrol Hypert. 2018;32(1): 36-41
- Leite A, Thomas S, Andrews N. Do delays in data availability limit the implementation of near real time vaccine safety surveillance using the Clinical Practice Research Datalink? Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2018;27(1): 25-29.
- Leite A, Thomas S, Andrews N. Implementing near real time vaccine safety surveillance using the Clinical Practice Research Datalink. Vaccine. 2017 ;35(49 Pt B):6885-6892.
- Leite A, Andrews N, Thomas S. Assessing recording delays in general practice records to inform near real time vaccine safety surveillance using the Clinical Practice Research Datalink (CPRD). Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2017;26(4):437-445.
- Leite A, Andrews N, Thomas S. Near real time vaccine safety surveillance using electronic health records a systematic review of statistical methods. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Safety. 2016;25(3): 225-237.
- Fernandes M, Leite A, Basto M, Nobre M, Vieira N, Fernandes R , Nogueira P, Nicola PJ. Non adherence to antibiotic therapy in patients visiting community pharmacies. Int J Clin Pharm. 2014 Feb;36(1):86-91.
- Paulo J, Bispo R, Leite A, Pereira P, Costa H, Fonseca C, Mascarenhas M, Bernardino J. Camera trapping as a methodology to assess the persistence of wildlife carcasses resulting from collisions with human made structures. Wildlife Res. 2014;41(8): 717-725.
Research ID - https://publons.com/researcher/1318671/andreia-leite/